Subsea Caliper Pig
Pipeline Innovations Ltd produce a range of highly developed multi-channel caliper pigs. These tools were specifically designed for geometry inspection of both shallow and deep water subsea pipelines and they have been particularly successful in this application, as well as being highly appropriate for general caliper work.
Key Design Features
- The pigs are optimised for loading into multi-pig launch headers, having a single body design across the full range of sizes
- The PIL AutoStart feature allows the tool to be powered up as it leaves the launch trap – particularly useful for launch from a pre-installed subsea laydown head.
- The delay between loading and launching can be up to 4 months.
- Our standard pigs have a 400 bar pressure rating, allowing them to be left in the line during the hydrotest phase. We can produce a special version that will withstand up to 680 bar.
- Novel technology is used to protect the caliper sensors from extreme environmental conditions, producing a rugged and reliable tool.
- A three-axis accelerometer sensor enables measurement of the angle of pitch and roll.
- Tool performance is well proven in deep water applications, with successful projects completed in the Mediterranean, offshore Angola and in the Gulf of Mexico.